Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Going Without

We have our internet connection back - Phew.  It had been blow out - zapped - unconnected - or otherwise disabled by a recent storm in the area.  This storm woke me up at 3 am to the tone of "oh my gosh that bolt of lightning actually hit our house I'm sure of it ..."  And I guess I was close.  Something in the magic locked box outside our house was "screwed up" and amplifiers weren't permitting an acceptable level signal into our house.  That box is locked with special cable guy locks by the way - Hubby did try to "take a look" to see if he could fix it rather than wait three days for the technician - but lo and behold - they use special keys that prevent the home owner from taking matters into his own hands.

So we had to wait - through the mother's day weekend - until Tuesday evening - for the expert.  Who by the way was the most respectful nice guy you could imagine - way to go Comcast!!

It was OK and I mean that - not just to pacify my withdraw - it really was OK.  I wasn't checking facebook or email or blogs that I follow several times a day.  Hubs wasn't surfing about planes and being enticed with all the stuff he has to do to complete the plane.  Weird - yes - but strangely - OK.  Probably because we knew that it would eventually be back and probably because we could resort to surfing, emailing, etc on our iphones but still - the screen experience - I've said enough.

We did miss being able to easily check the weather, but looking out the window works too.  We did miss catching up on the shows that were supposed to be downloaded to our apple TV but weren't because - no connection - but we'll just have some extra break time this week.  We read, played, relaxed, enjoyed each other.  Perhaps the electrical bolt from earth to heaven that fried the internet allowed the passage from heaven to earth of a very important message - enjoy each other - for a little while.

Your ways are mysterious and magnificent ... and all I can say is ... God, Thanks for the Blessing.

1 comment:

  1. I bet it sure feels good to have the choice now????
    I could get a lot more done if I didn't check the computer so often. Hmm????

    ReplyDelete