Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, April 30, 2010

Some things I've been working on ...

I have many hobbies and I have projects in each of these hobbies that are ongoing - they just take a long time to complete. That's partly due to my inability to do repetitive things for long periods of time, but mostly due to the fact that my lovely boys get in the way of doing them, but I want to enjoy them (the boys) now, because when they are older and are off doing their own thing, I will have plenty of time to work on the hobbies then.

So confession time ...

I have been working on this knitted dishcloth since Christmas break for instance.


I did complete this "quilt blanket" for my youngest son after I set up my sewing machine in our dining room which rarely gets used (the dining room that is - though the sewing machine is now at a close second again). Just noticed - as I'm looking at the picture - not when I laid out the blanket - that I didn't fringe all the tabs - better get that done eventually.

Of course when my older son saw the blanket and at the prodding encouragement of my younger son they decided that I should in fact complete a Spider-man quilt for my older son. I have only had the fabric for a couple of years now - and he has not yet outgrown the superhero phase so ... really boys ... lets not get hasty... here's the fabric in pieces hopefully I can show at least a completed top soon.

OK now I'm inspired. It is supposed to rain some this weekend anyway. I am going to work on that quilt, and clean out the pantry, and clean out my closet, and remove wallpaper....


... then paint the kitchen walls - seriously. From flowers to "Mustang" - sounds powerful!

I'll let you know how all that works out Sunday night or Monday morning ... if my husband doesn't have me committed first ... Happy Weekend Everyone!

Based on the list above, any callings will be taken by the voicemail and will be handled in the order in which they were received ... thank you for your patience ...


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, Hobbies???? What should I do???? Hm, I think I'll paint something... bet you didn't see that coming. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is some list. Mine looks similar, have had it for over a year now! Good Luck! Let us know what you got done! You may need some more wine!

    ReplyDelete