Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, April 23, 2010




Our dear sweet Heinz 57 doggie recently had some surgery and I'm very grateful to share that she is recovered and has returned home to reclaim her position as "Queen". She's - how shall I say - very mature in years so the surgery was a risky event. Thankfully our vet and surgeon were extremely sensitive and careful and most importantly God was with them and her during the surgery.

She had a bit of nip and tuck done - indirectly. Without going into gory details ... she had some fatty deposits and one of them on her leg got out of hand. So it had to be removed. The funny part is that through the very skilled hand of the surgeon he not only removed the problem nodule, he made that leg look so slim and sleek and "young". It's funny in a way because she is somewhat unbalanced in appearance. The rest of her is still a bit bumpy and saggy but her one leg and bun is so firm and young.

It got me thinking that under all the bumps and sags of our "Motherly" bodies is still that young firm woman of youth. And how perception of appearance can be so deceiving. The young naive inexperienced lady is still there, but I have the extra layers of wife, mom, experiences of life, and maybe a few to many pieces of chocolate and potato chips as well. We add those layers day by day and always carry them with us. It's kind of a tribute to where we've been and what we've done. Our accomplishments in life.

While at times vanity sneaks in and I work out to "get back" the younger version of me ... I wouldn't for a minute truly give up the layers of life that have happened and made me who I am now ... with all my lumps, bumps, scars and sags.

Awaiting my next calling ... I think I just heard those chips calling ...

1 comment:

  1. Very well written. So true. Are you in my mirror? Have you been listening to me talk to myself in the bathroom?

    Glad Shelly is home and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete