Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Renting a 10X20 Storage Space

I am the proud renting owner of a 10X20 Storage Space - which the Storage place guy tells me is way to big, but that I'm sure my husband, my boys and I can fill up quite nicely.  

We're going to be moving, hopefully soon, so we are storing all of the things that you use on a daily basis and that make a home look lived in since potential buyers want to buy an "un-lived" in looking home.  

Honestly, it is amazing how big the rooms and counters and furniture look when you don't have life spewed all over them.  The realtor took pictures this evening and he was showing them to me as he took each one - boy does the house look nice in still life photos.  

We've got plenty of packing and work and fixing and stress management to deal with soon, but I'm sure that we'll handle it just fine.  In the end it will be worth it.  

I've decided to leave it to God's hands.  He's the absolute best handler of all things and I know that if I try to do this it won't work out near as well as He can make it work out.  

I'll let Him lead my packing, I'll let Him lead my planning, I'll let Him lead our picking of the next home.  He's got it I'm sure and I'm planning on just getting out of the way and seeing where He takes it.  

Won't you join me on this journey and see just how amazing He is.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. We only had one kid when we sold our house in NJ! It was hard work. You are right... Let Go and Let God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your move goes very smoothly - seems odd the buyers want to see "un-lived" houses - but I guess with the market like it is - you gotta do what you gotta do to sell.

    I know my brother had a storage place he rented when he moved - the house he had built wasn't finished when he sold the one he was in - so he lived in an apartment and out of the storage place - not really the easiest way - but he loves his new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with the packing/moving. We're here if you need anything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete