Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Coveting ....

I received in the mail this past Friday the new Eddie Bauer catalog.  I almost threw it away because I had visions of the clothes I wore in the high school in the 90s and visions of walking through their store back then - and now thinking - nice quality but just not my style any more.  

Had I tossed it then I would have been better off - because I didn't and now I've been sinning away for the past day coveting every single outfit in that book!  I'm usually pretty predictable in my wearables.  Mostly modern cut Tshirts and boot cut jeans.  Come on, give me a break, I'm a mom of two and for the past year worked in a plant where I had to wear a lab coat all the time anyway.  I think I do pretty good going for the modern cut.  

But gracious, looking through the pages of that catalog - I've never had an experience before where EVERYTHING I saw was something that I said - wow that's my style - I'd feel really comfortable in that.  

So, just musing but the redefinition of Eddie Bauers style is really something to check out.

Blessings for a wonderful Sunday celebrating our God and our Saviour.  And perhaps some prayers that I could get the coveting under control ;-)   Thanks in advance! 


2 comments:

  1. first off..high school in the 90s. now I feel old, thanks. Now I have to go see what my "mommy" outfit looks like. Jeans and a T-shirt... Not cutting edge????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you look good in a lab coat too....

    ReplyDelete