Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, March 4, 2011

Returning to Normal


Ahhh the joy of cleaning on my schedule.  I have managed to keep up - in relative terms - with the house since we took it off the market.  The difference being that I cleaned or organized or rearranged ... when I wanted to not because I had to.  Such a nice treat.  I have learned the joy of keeping house.  And I appreciate that I can set my pace to complete.  I don't have to get done by a certain time.  If I don't complete a task, then I can finish it tomorrow - rather than half-youknowwhatting it.  

And the house is no longer magazine perfect, I speak as if it was during showings, but it is once again a home that we live in.


  • The toys are once again out to be played with as they should be.
  • The kitchen counter once again catches mail until I get to go through it over the weekend.
  • The bathrooms are cleaned weekly rather then every-other-daily.
  • The floors are kept clear so that dust bunnies can run freely over the smooth laminate wood.
  • And the cross stitch has returned to the family room table, to be completed at my leisure.
  • The plane plans and building are once again under way ...





We once again have - our time - to do - our stuff that we want to do - that helps us relax - that brings us joy.  A found blessing that's always been there but had been set aside for a time ... what a treasure.

2 comments:

  1. :) Your family is adorable. I'm glad you are treasuring your home once more.

    ReplyDelete